Monday, February 23, 2015

How's that for irony?

Not too long ago, in fact only 2 posts ago, I mentioned a little book called "The Art of Stillness," and how I craved being able to stay still. Well as luck would have it, I just spent one week and one day "going nowhere,"and being very, very still. Literally not even moving an inch at times, others only five steps (between the bed and the bathroom). I'm not exactly sure this is what I had in mind when I pictured "stillness" and silence, but hey, it is what it is! You can't go asking for things and then changing your mind about it right in the middle of it, just because you didn't like how things turned out.

Not exactly sure the book mentions being sick and still at the same time. I think it has more to do with stillness of mind,  more than anything else. Don't they say; "if life throws you lemons, then…. something, something. That is exactly what I did. Nothing, nothing and nothing. It wasn't easy, I don't do "nothing" easily. There is always something that needs to be done, finished, cleaned, picked up. I didn't even read, watch T.V, looked at the computer or phone. I just stared long enough into things, until they changed a bit.

The thing is, if you're sick your body pretty much dictates what needs to be done, and you better listen. Nobody likes to get sick, and nobody likes to feel like a useless sack of rocks, but it might be the only chance you get to sit still. I got my chance (a very weird one). Basically this has been a very interesting week for me, even if I've done absolutely nothing at all, and even if the only 2 things I can show you are a view from my bed, and my actual bed.

Enough of illnesses and stillness and nothingness. I promise this is the last time I mention any of those words. Now onto more exciting things, whatever those may be.

Wishing you an exciting week ahead,
Giova

4 comments:

  1. Espero que se sienta "mejor"..... Y si. ....Si.!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your posts are always thought provoking, for me....I am so happy that you are feeling better. the window-sill with the flowering bulbs is so, so lovely and your pink bedding...!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!I'm so glad I bought those bulbs the previous week, so I ended up having something to pretty to stare at :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...